Monday, October 24, 2005

New Platform

Frustrated with the Inspiron 700m's tiny keyboard and half-size keys that are really important to software denizens, I sold the otherwise beautiful machine to a client. After exhaustive research, I decided to go with the 12.1" Powerbook. I was able to convince myself that I could accomplish 90% of my tasks on the Mac. Besides, this would be a nice switch for me and amazon.com has a $150 rebate on top of their low price. Then at checkout, amazon offered me a free 4-month trial of Amazon.com Prime, allowing me to have it shipped overnight for $3.99. I love these guys.

So, does anyone know the answers to the following questions:

o Is IE available for Tiger? If not, what are the workarounds? IE still has 90% marketshare and I build web applications, so I'd like a solution that doesn't involve using Remote Desktop to log into my Windows XP desktop.

o Is there Mac software that can play music I download from Yahoo Music Unlimited, the subscription service? Specifically, it has to play wma drm's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IE 5.5 is in the Applications folder. It sucks. You will still need to test in IE 6.0 for Windows.

I don't know of anything that will play DRM's WMAs. mplayer might. http://mplayerosx.sourceforge.net/

pdog