Sunday, March 26, 2006

How to Make a Sale

True Story:

While searching for a bike shop, I encountered a Mattress Firm retail store. As I needed a bed for my new place, I walked in and spoke with the saleswoman. She was the only one in the store, cute, and not more than a few years removed from college.

I summarized my bedding needs succintly, "I'm a light sleeper and want a queen-size bed that minimizes motion transfer." To demonstrate the effectiveness of various beds, she bounced on the bed as I lay on the other side. I tried not to be a lecherous shopper and look over, but I couldn't help myself. With one hand, she was holding her top up to prevent from coming out of it.

So I had an idea: I would test about half the beds in the showroom for their motion transfer dampening effects. An hour later, she made the sale. America is such a great country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bow before you, Rath...